The Joomla!® User Experience Portal

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry

Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #455

• anibal
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi!

Today I'm amazed! We've discovered Joomla 3.0, reading "A First Look at the Mobile-Ready Joomla 3.0" !!!

My surprise is doubled since we've been working in the same subject!!!

In march, we've published Jootstrap.

We've merged Joomla 2.5, Bootstrap, and Gantry as Template Framework.
As Bootstrap is based on JQuery, we've also been working to purge Joomla of the mootools native libraries (pls, check JClean JS plugin); and work with a 100% JQuery Joomla.

To show you a demo, you can visit: jbootstrap.prieco.com
Also, as a proof of concept, we tested it with JomSocial. It's a social networking component for Joomla, that mainly works with JQuery. And it works almost right out of the box on Jootstrap (calendars are not working, since they are based on mootools). jbootstrap.prieco.com/index.php?option=c...frontpage&Itemid=515

Please, let me know if there's anything where we can collaborate.

Screenshot: Home

Screenshot: Positions

Screenshot: JomSocial Template

PD: Initially, we named it J!Bootstrap, a branding mistake, and now we've been renaming it to Jootstrap.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by anibal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #457

• adrian
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

have you checked out the boilerplate template? It uses bootstrap too.

html5boilerplate.com
github.com/ivanramosnet/HTML5-Boilerplate-Joomla-Template
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by adrian.

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #458

• anibal
Hi Adrian,

Yes, sure. B)

BTW, I've recently read this article. It has an excellent review of the current state of the art:

A Baseline for Front-End Developers
rmurphey.com/blog/2012/04/12/a-baseline-...ront-end-developers/

Regards,

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #459

• adrian
Hi anibal,

Gantry is nice for huge and professional projects which needs a grid. In my opinion it's oversized for a lot of projects, not handy. You have up to 16 levels of nested html tags in your template.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by adrian.

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #460

• anibal
Yes, Gantry adds weight.

We'll try to simplify the nested tags.

Thanks!

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #471

• realityking
anibal wrote:
Also, as a proof of concept, we tested it with JomSocial. It's a social networking component for Joomla, that mainly works with JQuery. And it works almost right out of the box on Jootstrap (calendars are not working, since they are based on mootools). jbootstrap.prieco.com/index.php?option=c...frontpage&Itemid=515

Interestingly the calendar is one of the few scripts on core that doesn't depend on MooTools (the other box exceptions are TinyMCE and CodeMirror). I wonder what's going wrong here.

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #472

• adrian
I cannot believe it, a calendar in joomla core (as param) without mootools?

But everytime when someone use jquery and mootools together, he or she have to set jquery to $.noConflict();

Re: Jootstrap - Twitter's Bootstrap for Joomla, with Gantry 2 years 3 months ago #473

• realityking
Well go to try it out - the calendar is completely vanilla javascript. I wanted to replace it with a - much better - MooTools based solution but missing support for non-gregorian calendars killed that little project.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds